Labor and Employment Aspects of Sales, Mergers and Acquisitions
We advise employers regarding labor and employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including:
- Due diligence of employment and labor issues involved in a sale, merger, or acquisition.
- Analysis of pending employment litigation.
- Analysis of executive contracts and change of control agreements.
- Advising employers on successorship issues involved in sales, mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising employers regarding the effects a sale, merger or acquisition may have on employee handbooks, policies, and collective bargaining agreements.
- WARN issues.
- Labor union and collective bargaining considerations, including successorship and collective bargaining agreements in a sale, merger or acquisition context.
- Minimizing the risk of hiring discrimination claims against or successor status and liability of purchasers.