The United States’ complex web of government policy-making and regulatory bodies can be a challenging landscape for businesses nationwide, with considerable effects on private and public companies. Engaging with legislators as new laws are developed – at the federal, state and local levels – empowers companies to be part of important conversations and helps achieve their strategic objectives. Jenner & Block’s Government Relations team builds on the firm’s long track record of government service, leveraging our legislative, regulatory and policy-building experience to help clients provide lawmakers with clear, constructive perspectives on the potential impact of new statutes while harmonizing government and business interests.
Members of Jenner & Block’s Government Relations Practice — including registered lobbyists — have the relationships to help companies engage productively with lawmakers at all levels of government. These relationships come from years of experience in government service and politics, including lawyers who served in the following roles:
- US Ambassador to the United Nations Human Rights Council
- US Ambassador to the United Nations Security Council
- General Counsel to the Federal Communications Commission
- Acting General Counsel for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Special Counsel to the Governor of New York
- Assistant to the White House Chief of Staff
- Associate Counsel in the Office of the White House Counsel
- Democratic Chief Counsel on the US House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Chief Counsel/Staff Director for the US House of Representatives Communications and Technology Subcommittee
- Senior Counsel on the US House of Representatives Subcommittee on Telecommunications
- Committee staff on the US House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs, International Operations Subcommittee
Jenner & Block’s Government Relations Practice embodies the firm’s core values – particularly excellence and collaboration -- seamlessly working with other practices to achieve desired results. In particular, the group works closely with the Native American Law; Energy; Communications, Internet and Technology; Government Controversies and Public Policy Litigation; Investigations, Compliance and Defense; and Aviation and Aerospace Practices, among others, and regularly serves clients in the transportation, technology and healthcare sectors. The diversity of our experience ensures that the right team is brought together for every engagement, helping clients across sectors achieve their goals as quickly and efficiently as possible.