Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
We offer comprehensive counseling on privacy and data security issues, perform policy audits related to relevant legislation, develop customized compliance programs and, when necessary, work with law enforcement or provide litigation representation.
- Corporate transaction support, including negotiating privacy and data security terms and conducting pre-transaction due diligence.
- Conducting risk assessments and data management analyses for the purposes of developing privacy, data governance, and cybersecurity frameworks.
- Drafting and updating internal and external privacy policies and notifications.
- Advising on a variety of US-based privacy laws including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), among others.
- Providing in-depth guidance on compliance with laws governing electronic and telephone communications and similar statutes, such as the Wiretap Act, the Pen Register Act, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA).
- Advising clients on the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Litigations and Investigations
- Handling data incident investigations of all shapes, sizes and geographies, including providing incident response services and remediation. We have handled data incidents involving all 50 states, the U.S. territories, and more than 50 countries.
- Defending clients in courts throughout the United States, related to a wide array of data privacy and regulatory compliance issues. We have experience handling dozens of consumer class-actions related to data privacy regulations.
- Serving as our clients’ representatives before regulators at the local, state and national levels in the United States and throughout Europe, we regularly advocate for our clients in the face of regulatory inquiries of all types.