- We represented SCOR in complex civil litigation in the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois that involved its environmental impairment liability (EIL) insurance program. The case involved substantial claims and cross-claims asserted among the fronting insurer, the reinsurers, their retrocessionaires, brokers, and claims handlers. There was parallel litigation in London, England. Shortly after an appeal to the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit was argued, the case settled. The settlement involved a complex commutation agreement.
- We represented SCOR in two lawsuits brought against it by EIL insureds, one in Chicago, Illinois and the other in Akron, Ohio. The insureds sought to impose liability directly upon SCOR, the reinsurer of the policies. Both of these lawsuits involved substantial claims; both were ultimately settled.
- We represent AXA RE in connection with litigation pending throughout the US that involves film financing insurance (GAP). Our role has been to assist AXA RE in its disputes with its reinsureds on a number of issues including representation and disclosure prior to inception of reinsurance, claims handling and defense of underlying actions and payment of premium. We recently, successfully concluded an action against one of the reinsured after a favorable ruling on a motion for summary judgment.
- We represented The People's Insurance Company of China in its efforts to vacate a substantial arbitration award against it in favor of an insurer. Jenner & Block ultimately negotiated a settlement of this matter and a global commutation with the insurer.
- We represent Trustmark Insurance Co. on a number of reinsurance/partnership issues pertaining to workers’ compensation carve out of insurance. These disputes are in arbitration and litigation in various jurisdictions.