Paul Feldberg, co-chair of the firm’s National Security, Sanctions, and Export Controls Practice, and a partner in its Investigations, Compliance, and Defense Practice, concentrates his practice on advising and defending companies and individuals in matters relating to sanctions, export controls, criminal fraud, corruption, money laundering, insider trading and other regulatory actions. His experience includes working on some of the highest profile UK Serious Fraud Office (SFO) cases, either as a prosecutor with the SFO or, more recently, in private practice, when he has acted for companies or individuals subject to SFO and FCA investigations or prosecutions.
Mr. Feldberg is also a highly experienced trial lawyer, having conducted trials and other court work since 1997 on behalf of both corporations and individuals. His main areas of focus include:
- Multi-jurisdictional internal investigations
- UK Bribery Act /Proceeds of Crime Act/Fraud Act and related enforcement action
- Financial Conduct Authority enforcement action
- Advising on financial, trade and sectoral sanctions
- Compliance advice, relating to anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance, including advising on filing Suspicious Activity Reports and other Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 issues
- Actions by Multi-Lateral Development Banks such as the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development; the European Investment Bank and the World Bank Group
- Drafting and reviewing policies and procedures for companies (including anti-bribery, anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, sanctions, anti-tax evasion facilitation, conflicts of interest, and gifts and hospitality) and associated procedures, controls and training
Mr. Feldberg previously served as a prosecutor at Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs Office and at the SFO. He appeared as counsel in the House of Lords extradition case of Re Gillian, Re Ellis (2000) 1 ALL AER 113. Paul has been ranked as a leading lawyer for Financial Crime: Corporates in Chambers UK 2022. He has been cited in Legal 500 UK 2018 as a “key figure who brings significant private sector and fraud regulatory experience," while Chambers and Partners 2020 market commentators describe him as “a pleasure to work with” and “great at helping clients understand things from both sides of the fence.” He is also recommended in Who's Who Legal Business Crime Defence – Corporates 2020.
Jenner & Block London LLP is a limited liability partnership established under the laws of the state of Delaware, USA and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with SRA number 615729. Jenner & Block London LLP is affiliated with Jenner & Block LLP, which operates Jenner & Block’s offices in the United States.