As Special Litigation Counsel in the US House of Representatives, representing the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol in litigation:
- Represented committee in John C. Eastman v. Bennie G. Thompson et al.
- Defended against defendant’s attempt to subpoena 16 lawmakers and congressional staffers in US v. Bannon.
As Solicitor General:
- Lead counsel in Virginia’s litigation to certify and publish the Equal Rights Amendment as the Twenty-Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- Represented multistate coalition supporting access to reproductive rights.
As Deputy Solicitor General:
- Defended Virginia against challenges to COVID-19 related orders.
- Lead counsel defending Virginia in election matters.
- Represented Virginia in multistate litigation (including challenge to family separation policy, revisions to the 2020 census, and the public charge rule).
- Part of legal team in litigation to remove the Robert E. Lee monument in Richmond.