Representative current and past engagements of Ms. MacDonald’s include:
- Representing an Italian investor in an investor-state arbitration regarding real estate projects;
- Defending a U.S. multinational corporation in an international arbitration against a claim by an Asian municipality for rescission of a fully performed contract worth more than 100 million Euros;
- Defending a manufacturer in an international arbitration against a claim for over 50 million dollars in damages for various contract breaches;
Defending companies against class action lawsuits involving:
- disclosure of tax consequences of debt cancellation by debt collectors under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; and
- marketing and advertising practices related to consumer products under various state consumer fraud statutes;
- Representing various companies in purchase price and valuation process disputes;
- Representing a bond issuer in a dispute with an indenture trustee over redemption of high-yield notes;
- Representing an asset manager in a lawsuit concerning the potential early termination of an interest rate swap;
- Representing an originator in a Department of Justice Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act (FIRREA) investigation.
Pro bono engagements include:
- Obtaining asylum for a mother and son from El Salvador in removal proceedings;
- Representing a New York State prisoner in a jury trial in the Southern District of New York on his section 1983 claim of deliberate indifference to serious medical needs;
- Representing a victim of domestic abuse against claims of child neglect.