Defence-related engagements include:
- Representing a Swedish defence company in a contractual dispute with the UK Ministry of Defence;
- Representing a US manufacturer of military aircrew training centrifuges and avionics maintenance trainers in an arbitration with the UK Ministry of Defence;
- Representing a major US defence contractor in a dispute with the UK Ministry of Defence relating to wrongful termination of contract;
- Representing a UK communications and electronic systems company in a dispute with the UK Ministry of Defence relating to wrongful termination of contract;
- Representing a US defence company in a software dispute with a European software developer;
- Representing a UK defence company in a sub-contract dispute with a military vehicle manufacturer;
- Advising an aero-engine manufacturer in a potential dispute with its subcontractor in relation to subsystems of engines supplied to a civil aircraft manufacturer;
- Advising a European defence contractor on its bid/proposal documentation in respect of the UK Ministry of Defence procurement of a next-generation weapon system and subsequently a potential dispute under the contract;
- Representing Norwegian, Swedish, German, US and UK companies in defence related transactions and disputes; and
- Advising a UK defence contractor on bid protest issues arising under the UK Defence and Security Public Contracts Regulations 2011.
Mr. Runeckles’ IP-related work has concentrated on patent litigation and advisory and transactional work relating to technology licensing, mergers and acquisitions and banking transactions involving the securitisation of IP.
- Patent infringement litigation for a Taiwanese electronics company;
- Defending an Irish polyurethane foam manufacturer in infringement proceedings in the English and Northern Irish High Courts;
- Patent and design right infringement litigation for a UK pump manufacturer;
- Copyright and database right litigation for a UK specialist newspaper;
- Trademark litigation for a hedge fund; and
- Defending a UK electronic monitoring company in patent infringement proceedings.
Significant IP advisory and transactional matters have included
- Advising Indian television company on the IP aspects of a JV deal with a US TV and media company;
- Advising Saudi Aramco in relation to numerous chemical plant technology transfer agreements (TTAs) associated with the Rabigh project;
- Advising Tobolsk Polymer in relation to TTAs with Ineos and UOP relating to polymer plants being built in Russia;
- Advising Sohar Aluminum in relation to a TTA with Aluminum Pechiney relating to an aluminium plant being built in Oman;
- Advising Mozal on an aluminum plant being built in Mozambique;
- Advising Mubadala on an aluminum plant being built in Australasia;
- Advising Celanese Corporation in relation to a TTA relating to the construction of a polymer plant in Saudi Arabia;
- Advising Rusnano in relation to technology transfer and other issues;
- Advising SAES in relation to a technology transfer agreement relating to chemical vapour deposition;
- Advising Swedish Biofuels in relation to a project relating to the construction of a biofuel plant in Sweden;
- Advising a UK pharmaceutical company on licensing of intellectual property from a Chinese research institute; andFreedom to Operate opinions for medical devices manufacturer and electronic tagging devices manufacturer
Jenner & Block London LLP is a limited liability partnership established under the laws of the state of Delaware, USA and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with SRA number 615729. Jenner & Block London LLP is affiliated with Jenner & Block LLP, which operates Jenner & Block’s offices in the United States.