- Represented one of the largest chicken producers in the United States in three federal class actions and dozens of consolidated direct actions brought by purchasers alleging major chicken producers conspired to reduce output, fix prices, and rig bids for broiler chicken products.
- Represented an American, multinational food company in a consolidated multidistrict antitrust class action alleging poultry producers illegally conspired to fix compensation to growers in violation of the Sherman Act and Packers & Stockyards Act.
- Represented a global, broad‐based health care company in its acquisition of a global leader in point‐of‐care diagnostics in a deal valued at approximately $5.3 billion. Obtained antitrust clearance from the Federal Trade Commission with divestitures required.
- Represented an online pet retailer in securing antitrust clearance for its $3.35 billion acquisition by the largest specialty pet retailer. The acquisition was the largest ever of an e-commerce business at the time.
- CoStar/Apartments.com – Represented the world leader in commercial real estate information in the antitrust aspects of its $385 million acquisition of the premier online apartment rental platform. Mr. Abbott secured clearance without conditions following receipt of second request.