- Led the team acting for the liquidators of the Saad Group in Singularis Holdings Limited v Daiwa Capital Markets Europe, securing judgment with a value in excess of US$200 million at trial, before the Court of Appeal and ultimately before the Supreme Court.
- Advising directors and stakeholders of a US$2 billion fund in connection with the collapse of the Abraaj Group, previously the UAE’s largest private equity house.
- Defending senior executives against a US$205 million claim alleging unlawful means conspiracy, dishonest assistance and knowing receipt in the context of an acquisition.
- Advising in connection with Canadian proceedings arising out of a US$3.5 billion fraud claim, including ancillary actions in London, Jersey, Guernsey, the BVI and the Cayman Islands.
- Advising the former group finance director of a global financial institution in connection with regulatory issues and civil proceedings with an overall value in excess of £1 billion.
- Representing a consortium of European banks in a US$300 million High Court commodities fraud claim against the banks’ agents.
- Advising a Middle Eastern bank in connection with the failure of an international real estate fund, including conducting an internal investigation for the local regulator and representing the bank in High Court proceedings against its fund partners.
- Advising in connection with civil and criminal proceedings in the United Kingdom, United States, Singapore and various offshore jurisdictions arising out of a US$420 million fraud perpetrated against several major banks.
- Conducting an investigation and reporting pursuant to an appointment by the regulator under s166 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 in connection with the failure of a large investment fund.
Jenner & Block London LLP is a limited liability partnership established under the laws of the state of Delaware, USA and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with SRA number 615729. Jenner & Block London LLP is affiliated with Jenner & Block LLP, which operates Jenner & Block’s offices in the United States.