Mr. Tuddenham is a solicitor-advocate and Partner in our London office. He advises financial institutions and companies worldwide across a range of specialisms in both litigation and arbitration, including securities litigation, fraud and economic tort claims, restructuring and contentious insolvency situations, shareholder and joint venture disputes, and asset-tracing/enforcement matters. Mr. Tuddenham has particular experience managing disputes in the emerging and frontier markets, including throughout the Middle East, India, Pakistan, Russia and the CIS. Market commentators in The Legal 500 UK 2021 note that his "calm and controlled manner is coupled with razor sharp litigation instinct and a fantastic commitment to delivering what the client needs." Market commentators for Chambers and Partners 2020 praise Mr. Tuddenham for being both “meticulous, extremely thoughtful” and “very, very strategic.” He is described as a lawyer who “gets great results.”
- Led the team acting for the liquidators of the Saad Group in Singularis Holdings Limited v Daiwa Capital Markets Europe, securing judgment with a value in excess of US$200 million at trial, before the Court of Appeal and ultimately before the Supreme Court.
- Advising directors and stakeholders of a US$2 billion fund in connection with the collapse of the Abraaj Group, previously the UAE’s largest private equity house.
- Defending senior executives against a US$205 million claim alleging unlawful means conspiracy, dishonest assistance and knowing receipt in the context of an acquisition.
- Advising in connection with Canadian proceedings arising out of a US$3.5 billion fraud claim, including ancillary actions in London, Jersey, Guernsey, the BVI and the Cayman Islands.
- Advising the former group finance director of a global financial institution in connection with regulatory issues and civil proceedings with an overall value in excess of £1 billion.
Mr. Tuddenham is co-chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee and has an active pro bono practice. He was awarded the Liberty/Law Society Gazette "Peter Duffy Award for Young Human Rights Lawyer of the Year".
Jenner & Block London LLP is a limited liability partnership established under the laws of the state of Delaware, USA and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with SRA number 615729. Jenner & Block London LLP is affiliated with Jenner & Block LLP, which operates Jenner & Block’s offices in the United States.