Andrew Lichtman is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department. He represents companies in complex civil litigation primarily relating to securities, mergers and acquisitions, derivative and shareholder suits, and other general commercial disputes. Mr. Lichtman also has significant experience representing companies and individuals being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Justice, and state attorneys general.
Mr. Lichtman's representative engagements include:
- Defending a bank in numerous residential mortgage-backed securities cases arising out of the financial crisis.
- Defending a bank in securities and antitrust class action relating to alleged manipulation of an interest rate benchmark.
- Defending a leading e-commerce company in securities class action and related derivative actions alleging inflated revenue figures in connection with initial public offering.
- Defending a leading cannabis company in multiple cases, including a securities class action, a parallel arbitration and litigation relating to alleged minority shareholder oppression, and a complex appraisal proceeding before an independent accounting firm.
- Defending a leading cannabis company in a securities class action relating to missed earnings.
- Defending a food manufacturer in several securities class actions following announcement of M&A agreement.
- Defending a marketing firm in securities class action alleging fraudulent accounting scheme.
- Defending the board of directors of multinational telecommunications company in shareholder suit alleging breach of fiduciary duty.
- Defending a Fortune 50 company in an accounting arbitration relating to M&A dispute.
- Defending a multinational chemical company in ICC arbitration relating to M&A dispute.
- Defending a leading car rental company in class action alleging violations of state consumer protection laws.
- Representing a Fortune 50 company in multi-state attorney general investigation.
- Representing an investment manager under investigation by the SEC.
- Representing a hedge fund manager under investigation by the SEC.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company under investigation by the SEC for violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company under investigation by the DOJ for violations of the False Claims Act.
Before joining Jenner & Block, Mr. Lichtman served as a law clerk to the Honorable Julio M. Fuentes of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and to the Honorable R. Barclay Surrick of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Mr. Lichtman also worked as a litigation associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP. Mr. Lichtman received his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 2010, where he graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Cornell University in 2007.