Qualified applicants should click the link above to apply.
We respectfully request that all search firms refrain from contacting us with unsolicited resumes or requests to discuss additional service offerings.
ABOUT JENNER & BLOCK
Jenner & Block (www.jenner.com) is a law firm with global reach, with more than 500 lawyers and offices in Chicago, London, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, DC. The firm is known for its prominent and successful litigation practice and experience handling sophisticated and high-profile corporate transactions. Firm clients include Fortune 100 companies, large privately held corporations, financial services institutions, emerging companies and venture capital and private equity investors. The American Lawyer magazine has ranked Jenner & Block as the #1 pro bono firm in the United States 10 times, most recently in 2019. The firm has been ranked in the top 10 in this category every year since 1990.
Jenner & Block is searching for a Legal Recruiting Coordinator (LRC) to assist with various legal recruiting activities from the firm’s Chicago office. The LRC will assist with facilitation of the summer associate program and the on-campus recruiting program for the Chicago office. The LRC will also assist the Chicago-based Legal Recruiting Manager on post-clerk hiring and lateral associate recruiting.
This role is a non-exempt position, based in Chicago. The work schedule for this position is 8:45 am to 5:15 pm, with additional hours as needed.
- Maintain summer associate files and paperwork
- Coordinate with internal firm departments on the arrival of summer associates including office assignments, arrival and departure processes
- Coordinate with internal firm departments, including marketing, HR and facilities, on summer associate program documents and invitations
- Work with Legal Recruiting Manager to plan and coordinate orientation, training and social events
- Oversee logistics for on-site and off-site events and training sessions
- Design and update content for the weekly Summer Program Newsletter
- Prepare materials for summer associate evaluations
- Register the firm for OCI
- Prepare binders, etc., for on-campus interviews
- Schedule callback interviews
- Manage callback interview calendar including updates and changes
- Process recruiting expenses
- Coordinate with career services offices regarding relevant law school information
- Maintain firm intranet with information on offer statuses
- Maintain all on-campus recruiting related ViDesktop profiles
- Coordinate school receptions and dinners
Lateral Associate and Post-Clerk Recruiting
- Coordinate candidate interviews for post-clerk and lateral associate hiring in Chicago
- Maintain the firm’s recruiting database, including creation of new candidate profiles, input of interview schedules, updates to correspondence and daily check-in of Self-Apply candidates
- Assist in collecting candidate feedback
- Prepare offer materials for candidates
- Coordinate with internal firm departments to onboard all lateral associate hires
- Assist with data compilation and preparation of drafts of various surveys, including NALP and NALP Foundation surveys
- Assist in preparing for events and receptions for attorneys and law students throughout the year
- Order and send gifts/cards and track inventory
- Maintain ViDesktop database and create candidate tracking reports
- Coordinate review of ViDesktop updates
- Assist with website enhancement for recruiting purposes (extranet), including collaboration with web editors to update internal and external recruiting websites
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of recruiting experience in a law firm environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. including Publisher)
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skill and attention to detail
- Exercise of confidentiality, discretion and good judgment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedication to collaboration and teamwork
COVID-19 VACCINATION PROTOCOL
Jenner & Block LLP requires all US employees be documented as fully vaccinated. Exemption requests related to a medical or pregnancy contraindication, or a sincerely held religious belief, will be reviewed and considered dependent on the firm's ability to provide an accommodation without undue hardship. The firm will not allow negative COVID-19 test results in lieu of verification of full vaccination.
Jenner & Block LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and employment decisions are not made on the basis of an individual’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, arrest record, matriculation, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital, parental, veteran, military, or order of protection status, or any other protected status or that of their relatives, friends, or associates.