The 2013 edition of The Legal 500 United States recognized 24 Jenner & Block partners as top practitioners in their areas of law. The firm’s Content, Media and Entertainment Practice was ranked as a Tier One national practice in the Legal 500 Intellectual Property-Copyright category and the firm was also recognized in nine other Legal 500 practice categories. For the third consecutive year, Partner Steven B. Fabrizio was named a “Leading Lawyer” in the Legal 500 Intellectual Property-Copyright practice area, one of only 10 attorneys nationwide to attain that recognition in 2013.
The Legal 500 is a widely distributed directory that serves as an independent guide to “the pre-eminent firms in the world’s strongest and most competitive legal market.” Its recommendations reflect the views of thousands of corporate counsel who are interviewed by the publication’s editors.
Below is a list of the Legal 500 practice categories in which Jenner & Block was recognized and the partners who were recommended in the individual practice write-ups. Click here to read the entire commentary on the firm on the website.
- Finance – Corporate Restructuring (including Bankruptcy)
- Industry focus – Insurance: Advice to Policyholders
- Intellectual property – Copyright
- Litigation – Supreme Court and Appellate: Supreme Court
- Litigation – Supreme Court and Appellate: Appellate
- Litigation – Trade Secrets
- Media, Technology and Telecoms – Telecoms and Broadcast: Regulatory
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts – M&A: Middle-Market ($500m-999m)
- Real Estate and Construction – Construction
- Tax – Domestic tax: Central
The following attorneys are recognized within these Legal 500 categories:
- Finance – Corporate Restructuring (including Bankruptcy) – Vincent E. Lazar, Daniel R. Murray, Catherine L. Steege, Michael S. Terrien, Patrick J. Trostle
- Industry focus – Insurance: Advice to Policyholders – Matthew L. Jacobs, Lorelie S. Masters, John H. Mathias
- Intellectual Property – Copyright – Andrew H. Bart, Steven Englund, Steven B. Fabrizio, Susan J. Kohlmann, Paul M. Smith
- Litigation – Supreme Court and Appellate – Paul M. Smith
- Litigation – Trade secrets – Debbie L. Berman
- Media, Technology and Telecoms – Telecoms and Broadcast: Regulatory – Michael B. DeSanctis, Samuel L. Feder, John L. Flynn, Marc A. Goldman
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts – M&A: Middle-Market ($500m-999m), Thomas A. Monson, Michael T. Wolf
- Real Estate and Construction – Construction – Joseph G. Bisceglia
- Tax – Domestic Tax: Central – Geoffrey M. Davis, Christian E. Kimball, Gail H. Morse