Jenner & Block Partner Andrew Weissmann will speak at the International Bar Association Litigation Committee of the Dispute Resolution Section’s “Crisis Litigation: the Role of the Lawyer” seminar to be held on June 19-20 at the Park Hyatt in Toronto, Canada.
Mr. Weissmann will speak at a session titled, “Global Privilege Issues: Strategies for Lawyer-Client Communications.” He will discuss:
- The pressures to waive privilege in the United States
- Dealing with the risk of internal and external communications coming into the hands of government officials
- When and why are internal investigations useful? Practical advice and common pitfalls
- Are internal investigations possible in Europe in light of the Akzo Nobel case?
- Coordinating the response to multi-jurisdictional investigations
Mr. Weissmann, the former Enron Task Force Director and former Chief of the Criminal Division in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York, was recently was selected by a panel of top ethics experts as one of the 100 Most Influential People in Business Ethics by Ethisphere magazine. An internationally-recognized white collar litigator, Mr. Weissmann’s practice concentrates on internal corporate compliance and investigations, including representation before the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission and state and local authorities.
For more information or to register for this event, please click here to visit the IBA website.