Jenner & Block Partners Avidan J. Stern and Howard S. Suskin will speak at the Lorman Education Services “Litigation Skills for Legal Staff in Illinois” seminar to be held January 25 at the University Center in Chicago, Illinois.
Mr. Stern will speak a session entitled, “Electronic Discovery,” which will address the following topics:
- How Electronic Discovery Differs From Paper Discovery
- The New Federal Rules Adopted in December 2006
- Logistical Considerations
- Evidentiary Considerations
He will also speak at a session entitled, “Where Do I Go to File This? – The Court Systems in Illinois,” which will address the following topics:
- Federal Appellate Courts
- Federal District Courts in Illinois
- Illinois Appellate Courts and Illinois Circuit Courts
- Cook County Court System
Mr. Suskin will speak at a session entitled, “Attorney-Client Privilege and Attorney Work Product,” which will address the following topics:
- Extensions of the Attorney-Client Privilege
- Extensions of the Attorney-Client Privilege Based on Common Interest
- Recommendations for Preserving the Attorney-Client Privilege
- Recommendations for Preserving the Confidentiality of Work Product
- Self-Critical Analysis Privilege
- Governmental Deliberative Process Privilege
- Preserving the Attorney-Client Privilege and the Confidentiality of Work Product During Deposition Preparation and Testimony
- Internal Investigations and Special Problem Areas
Mr. Stern is a member of the Firm’s Litigation Department and its Business Litigation, Securities Litigation and Class Action Litigation Practices.
Mr. Suskin is Chair of the Firm’s Class Action Litigation Practice, Co-Chair of the Securities Litigation Practice and a member of the Firm's Arbitration: Domestic and International, Business Litigation and Professional Liability Litigation Practices.
For more information or to register, please click here to view the event brochure.