The Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) awarded Jenner & Block its 2020 Gold Standard Certification, making the firm one of 48 honored in the United States and among only 23 that met all six criteria for inclusion. This marks the seventh time that Jenner & Block has been recertified by WILEF and the second year in a row we qualified in every category, further reinforcing our core value of diversity and inclusion.
Law firms with 300 or more practicing lawyers in the United States are eligible for the 2020 WILEF Gold Standard Certification if they successfully demonstrate that women represent a meaningful percentage of their equity partners, of their highest leadership positions, of their governance and compensation committees and of their most highly compensated partners, and that there be meaningful diversity among their women equity partners.
For 2020 Gold Standard Certification, a meaningful percentage means that the firm satisfies:
both the mandatory criterion that:
- 20% of equity partners or, alternatively, 33% of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past twelve months are women
and at least three of the following five criteria:
- 15% of firm and U.S. branch office heads are women
- 20% of the firm’s primary governance committee are women
- 20% of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women
- 15% of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women
- 10% of women equity partners are women of color or 4% of women equity partners are LGBTQ
Launched in New York in 2007, WILEF was founded to educate and provide networking opportunities for women in law firms. Betiayn Tursi, co-founder and global chair, has grown WILEF from a niche market to a global empowerment forum.
“As the number of women equity partners in the Gold Standard firms continue to increase, the data confirm that these partners are increasingly present on firm governance committees advancing the guiding principles of WILEF,” said Nancy Bertoglio, chair of the WILEF Certification Committee.