The 2015 edition of the Legal 500 United States recognized Jenner & Block in 13 national practice categories, including ranking the firm’s Content, Media & Entertainment Practice as the top Intellectual Property-Copyright practice in the United States.
In addition, three partners are recognized as “Leading Lawyers”in their respective fields. They are Andrew H. Bart (Intellectual property - copyright); Samuel L. Feder (Media, technology and telecoms - Telecoms and broadcast: regulatory); and Paul M. Smith (Litigation - Supreme Court and appellate).
The Legal 500 US is an independent guide to “the pre-eminent firms in the world’s strongest and most competitive legal market.” Its recommendations reflect the views of thousands of corporate counsel who are interviewed by the publication’s editors.
Below is the list of the Legal 500 national practice categories in which Jenner & Block was recognized. Click here to read the publication’s entire commentary on the firm.
- Intellectual property - Copyright (top tier)
- Finance - Corporate restructuring (including bankruptcy)
- Government - Government contracts
- Industry focus - Insurance: advice to policyholders
- Labor and employment - ERISA litigation
- Litigation - Commercial litigation
- Litigation - Securities: shareholder litigation
- Litigation - Supreme Court and appellate
- M&A/corporate and commercial - M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Media, technology and telecoms - Technology: data protection and privacy
- Media, technology and telecoms - Telecoms and broadcast: regulatory
- Media, technology and telecoms - Telecoms and broadcast: transactional
- Real estate and construction - Construction