Complex Commercial Disputes
- Obtaining and successfully defending judgment in the sum of US$152 million on behalf of the Joint Liquidators of Singularis Holdings Limited in High Court and Court of Appeal proceedings alleging negligent disbursement of funds by a broker.
- Advising in the defence of a regulatory action and a £4 billion group litigation claim against a global financial institution and certain of its former directors.
- Advising a Middle Eastern financial institution in connection with its exposures to a large private equity fund, which has entered insolvency proceedings.
- Defending a major investment bank from claims brought in the Icelandic Courts by the winding up board of an Icelandic bank relating to English law governed credit default swaps.
- Advising on contract and tort claims against a number of entities relating to latent defects in renewable energy infrastructure assets.
- Acting for a luxury beverage company in a cross-border contractual dispute.
- Advising a JV partner on disputes arising out of the development of a UK biomass power plant.
- Advising major defence companies on contracts with the UK Ministry of Defence.
- Achieving an award of more than $100 million for a Russian oil major in Swiss Chambers of Commerce international arbitration proceedings arising from an M&A transaction.
- Acting in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings against an Eastern European state under a bilateral investment treaty. The claim, valued at more than €300 million, relates to the expropriation of our client’s investments.
- Acting against a UK state entity in ad hoc proceedings concerning privatisation of rail infrastructure.
- Representing an owner / operator in a multi-billion dollar ICC arbitration concerning the design and construction of a nuclear power plant.
- Acting for a claimant in ICC arbitration proceedings in London, regarding a contractual dispute concerning gas fields in Colombia.
- Acting for a Caribbean state entity in ICC arbitration proceedings in London regarding a dispute with an industrial contractor.
Investigations, Compliance and Defence
- Conducting an investigation and reporting pursuant to an appointment by the UK financial regulator in connection with the failure of a large investment fund.
- Advising a global automation company on investigations conducted by the SFO.
- Advising a newspaper group in connection with investigation into bribing public officials and phone hacking.
- Advising former senior executives of global financial institutions in relation to investigations by the US and UK criminal and regulatory authorities into allegations of benchmark manipulation.
- Conducting an investigation for a defence company in response to a whistle blowing complaint.
- Advising the former chairman of FTSE 100 company under investigation by SFO and FCA for accounting irregularities.
- Advising a global company in the energy sector on potential action by Multi-Lateral Development Banks and the SFO.
- Advising a telecoms company on the trade and financial sanctions implications of establishing a joint venture in Iran.
- Advising various private equity funds and companies on acquisitions and divestments and the associated bribery, money laundering and sanctions risks.
- Advising a leading international law firm on investigations conducted by the SFO, and on issues involving OFAC and the DOJ.
- Representing a Netherlands-regulated offshore bank accused of money laundering and other regulatory / banking offences.
Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Advising a major media company on GDPR compliance matters.
- Investigating allegations of misuse of personal data in relation to a major global technology company.
- Advising numerous companies in relation to GDPR compliance and cybersecurity matters.
- Representing a manufacturer of polyurethane foam in patent infringement actions before the Intellectual Property Office and High Court.
- Representing a shower pump manufacturer in patent, registered design and design right disputes.