Qualified applicants should click the link above to apply.
We respectfully request that all search firms refrain from contacting us with unsolicited resumes or requests to discuss additional service offerings.
ABOUT JENNER & BLOCK
Jenner & Block (www.jenner.com) is a law firm with global reach, with more than 500 lawyers and offices in Chicago, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and Washington, DC. The firm is known for its prominent and successful litigation practice and experience handling sophisticated and high-profile corporate transactions. Firm clients include Fortune 100 companies, large privately held corporations, financial services institutions, emerging companies and venture capital and private equity investors. In 2016, The American Lawyer named Jenner & Block to the A-List, which recognizes the top 20 US law firms. The American Lawyer also recognized the firm as the #1 pro bono firm in the United States six of the past nine years; the firm has been ranked among the top 10 in this category every year since 1990.
Jenner & Block is seeking a creative, organized and detail-oriented team player who wants to join us in mission to recruit the best legal talent. The Recruiting Coordinator will be an essential part of our Recruiting team and will support a variety of the Washington, DC office’s recruiting initiatives, including law student, post-clerk, lateral associate and special counsel recruitment, the administration of the summer associate program, and the planning and execution of a variety of recruitment events and programming. The Recruiting Coordinator will report to the Associate Director, Legal Recruiting.
This role is a non-exempt position, with normal hours of 9:00 a.m.- 5:30 p.m., with additional hours as needed to meet operational and business needs. The position is based in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and responding to all candidate applications; coordinating interviews between candidates and attorneys.
- Meeting with all candidates during the interview process.
- Coordinating virtual campus interview program registrations and supporting relationships with law school placement offices.
- Organizing student outreach activities and panels with firm attorneys.
- Supporting the planning and execution of the Washington, DC summer associate program, including orientation, daily programming, speakers, work assignment tracking and event coordination. Attending all evening summer associate events.
- Onboarding all incoming associates, summer associates, and special counsel hires; participating in orientation sessions.
- Collaborating firmwide with HR, DE&I and Talent Development teams.
- Assist with the planning and execution of all firm recruitment events and receptions, in addition to other special events as needed.
- Maintaining the applicant tracking system and generating reports as needed.
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree
- Two years’ prior experience in a law firm or professional services environment, and experience with recruitment and event planning.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to interact professionally with candidates, attorneys, search firms and all levels of firm personnel.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively within a team setting.
- Possesses superior organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet business needs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word); experience with viDesktop or other applicant tracking systems.
COVID-19 VACCINATION PROTOCOL
Jenner & Block LLP requires all US employees be documented as fully vaccinated. Exemption requests related to a medical or pregnancy contraindication, or a sincerely held religious belief, will be reviewed and considered dependent on the firm's ability to provide an accommodation without undue hardship. The firm will not allow negative COVID-19 test results in lieu of verification of full vaccination.
Jenner & Block LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment and employment decisions are not made on the basis of an individual’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, arrest record, matriculation, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital, parental, veteran, military, or order of protection status, or any other protected status or that of their relatives, friends, or associates.